Have you found Rat droppings in your property? What do you do?
Identifying Rat droppings
Rat droppings are small pellets usually 3/8 of an inch long and 1/8 of an inch wide. They have a rounded tip and are slightly larger towards the centre. How do you know if they are fresh? Well, fresh rat droppings are a dark brown colour but as they are left there with time they start to get a lot lighter.
One of the very last things you want to find in your property are Rat droppings. You may be thinking why as you may just think you can sweep them up. No, do not do that. When it comes to Rat feces, they carry a variety of diseases. The most-known virus associated with the contact of Rat droppings is Hantavirus. Hantavirus is a huge concern. It can be spread through any type of contact. To read more about this virus click here.
If you have found any type of droppings in your property, the first thing you need to do is contact Conquest Pest Control immediately.
What to do if you find rat droppings:
- Call a professional pest controller - The Pest controller should accurately describe what he will do over the phone and will then come to your property and safely clean the area and remove the problem that you have.
- Use Disinfectant of bleach - To thoroughly clean your floors.
- Steam Clean - all affected furniture and carpets.
- Wash all of your clothes and bedding - if your not sure about what items where affected wash all of it.
What not to do if you find rat droppings:
- Hoover or sweep up the droppings - It may have the Hanta virus.
- Keep your rubber gloves or unwashed clothes - Throw them away immediately.
- Ignore the symptoms of the Hanta Virus - All the symptoms are found here.
To get rid of rats you need to call Conquest Pest Control as soon as possible. Signs of rats: droppings, rub marks on boards and walls, scratching noises, rat holes, rat nests, small footprints.
To find out where we are based click here.